Sunday, March 2, 2008

Taydem's annual Trip



Well it was time for annual trip to Primary Children's Hospital for Taydem's yearly check on the kidneys. He was very nervous to go which I don't blame him but he was very brave and only cried when he had to put the cute little gown on. He then gets a catheter and I.V. so they can inject nuclear lasiks into him to see if both of his kidneys are pulling their own weight. Every year we go they continue to get better and better. This was his last chance to get better and if not then he would have to have surgery to open the ureter so it would drain faster. They sandbag him down for 45 min. while this big machine takes little pictures of how fast his kidneys get the lasiks out. We then go up to the pediatric urology office and the doc. tells us how he did. To are surprise and such a relief off of out shoulders his kidneys finally work about 49 to 51 so that is as close as you can be without being perfect. He no longer has to go there every year and mom and dad are relieved we don't have to put our son through that any longer. We then took Taydem to lunch and went to Build-a-Bear and let him build his own bear for being so brave.
We love you Taydem and are so glad you are better!!
draft

7 comments:

Hess Family said...

YEAH!!!! We are so happy that Taydem is all better. You are getting pretty good at this blogging stuff sis! You are already passing me up. We need to have a lesson so I can finally figure out the darn digital scrapbooking.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Oh that is so great! I had no idea that he had kidney problems. He really is such a cute little boy. Of course his build a bear would be dressed in basketball gear, what else. Was he asking where the Aggie jersey's were?

How are you doing your digital scrapbooking? What program are you using? Have you found any good freebie sites yet or are you buying your stuff? I have a few freebie sites on my blog if you haven't already checked them out. Scrapalot and ikeagoddess

The Sparks family said...

That is great for Taydem (and Mom & Dad too)!! I'm with Cami your title is so cute, I will need some lessons too.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

Hey Mindy, so I get my stuff from a couple of sites.

ikeagoddess.blogspot.com
scrap-a-lot.blogspot.com

The women who run these two sites go on freebie hunts. They find a bunch of freebies everyday and post the links to them on their sites. My favorite is ikeagoddess because you can actually see pictures of the freebies and decide whether or not you are interested. The other site you click on the link to go to each persons site before you can see a picture of it.

Another site that is really great is www.squidoo.com/digitalscrapbookfreebies

I don't use this one a lot because I get so much off of the first two but it gives you a list of like 20 sites that offer freebies.

There is so much free stuff out there, can you believe people actually pay for it. I haven't spent a dime on this hobby yet.

Josh, Lindsie, and Ava said...

I still haven't figured the templates out. There are tutorials all over the internet if you are interested in finding out how to use them.

John and Kassie said...

HELLO MINDY! I am so excited that you are blogging now! I miss you guys so much and am so excited to keep in touch with your darling family---love your new family pictures too! Looks like you guys are still true blue Aggie Fans! There are not too many of us down our way---so we get lots of looks when we wear our blue:) So proud of Taydem---little guy has been through a lot. Give your kids hugs from us and we will be in touch!
Moen Family---John, Kassie, Mace, and Keston

Jessica Jensen said...

I am glad to here. Love your blog!
Jess